Now all you need to create and maintain your own artist website is a connection to the Internet and digital images of your art. No special software is required. Simply connect from your Mac or PC and choose the look-and-feel you want to display your work in its best light.
Our clients are visual artists just like you. They don't want to learn web design and computer programming just to create their website. And they don't want to pay thousands of dollars to put up a site which they can't easily update.
With these web sites, all you need to do to create a fantastic website is choose one of our styles and upload your images into our system. Both novices and experienced web site owners appreciate our easy-to-use interface. No special software required. Just log from any web browser and create your online portfolio.
After you've created your site with our online tools, our system allows you to easily update your images and text. With 24/7 access, you can make as many changes as you'd like to your site with no additional fees.
You're in control with our web sites. Want to add an image to your portfolio or change some text on your contact page? You don't need to leave endless messages with your web designer to request updates. Just login and take command of your online portfolio. Want to change the theme or color of your site? No need for an expensive redesign - just change your template with the click of your mouse and update the look-and-feel of your site.
Here's how it works:
- We take care of the technical stuff:
- We host and serve your site on our servers.
- We'll buy and manage your domain name.
- You can create unlimited online galleries or sections of your images, with unlimited images in each gallery.
- All you have to do is upload your images to our servers via your web browser.
- Our system automatically generates the thumbnail images you'll need on your site.
- You can change the sequence of your images in your galleries, rename, add and delete galleries,
- You can change the look-and-feel of your site with our different templates and color themes.
- You can create other sections on your site for informational purposes – i.e., a bio page, a contact page, a clients page, a links page, etc.
- Your setup includes an email address with your domain name.
- You have 24/7 access to your site preferences, gallery building and image uploading via access through your web browser and a user name and password of your choice.
The $300 basic web site set-up includes:
- Your own domain name for one year that will display your site when people enter it into their browser
- Initial setup of your site
- up to 10 pages (you must supply the text)
- up to 30 images (you must supply the digital images)
- Your own web site with up to 100 total items. Includes 24/7 Access to upload images and add/edit pages at any time with your password:
- text pages
- gallery pages
- images with their own detail pages
- One Hour of Training in how to use the site and upload images.
- Digital files can be Jpeg, Gif, Pig
- The fee to keep the site going is $29.99 a month or $299.90/year.
What we need from you to set up your own web site:
Images can be in the following formats: .jpg .gif .png .tif -- we will convert what you give us to jpg format.
The original images must be cropped and the color, brightness and contrast should be set as you want the image displayed.
We will not crop or adjust the image for you as we do not know the appearance of the original work.
Original images should not be over 3MB in size.
We can use images of any dpi greater than 72, but the images will ultimately be displayed on the website at 72dpi. This is a lower resolution than print, which ranges between 300 and 2400dpi. On the web, resolution is lower for speed in loading, but generrally there is not a significant loss in image quality for monitor display.
The original image dimensions are not important -- the image will be scaled down to 400 pixels wide (width in inches varies with monitor) with the height varying according the original image proportions. 400 pixels width is used so that the image can fit into the site templates. Thumbnails are 100 pixels wide.
- With all that in mind, your images will be jpgs displayed at 72dpi and will have a width of 400 pixels.